Serafina. Bathroom Remodel. December 11th , 2017.
New furniture and a fresh coat of paint is all it takes to give many rooms in the house a totally new look. Yet, bathrooms are usually a completely different story. If you have plans for washroom renovation at home, read through this article to learn about some of the important factors of a bathroom remodel.
1. How Far Do You Want to Go? When you decide to renovate your bathroom, you will be faced with an array of choices. One of the first and most important things to consider when deciding for bath renovations is how big of a change you want to make. Do you wish to scrap the entire space and start from the beginning? Possibly you love the look of the bathroom but just want a new bath or shower system. Or you could simply want to freshen things up with a new color of paint and updated fixtures. Whichever route you choose to take, until you know how far you want to take this renovation, you cannot move ahead with your plans.
2. Contracting the Job to a Professional: Once you know how big the bathroom remodeling projects are going to be, you will have to decide whether you will be taking on this project yourself or hiring a professional bathroom and kitchen remodeling companies. For simple things like changing hardware and re‐painting, you can most likely do that yourself. However, if you are starting from scratch and install all new flooring and a new bath and shower system, you will want to hire a professional. Professionals will be able to deal with any plumbing or electrical issues that could arise in a renovation.
3. Function of the Space: Now that you know how big of a renovation you want and whether or not you are hiring a team of professionals, it is time to think about the overall function of your soon–to–be new bathroom. Now there are obvious uses that don't need to be mentioned, but aside from those, what else do you want this space to offer? Will this be a smaller powder room for guests? Is this a larger, common bathroom that the whole family uses, therefore it needs to be more durable? Or perhaps it is your private ensuite that you wish to turn into your own personal spa—like space. Knowing what you want from your new bathroom will help you know which direction to go in terms of budget, layout, and design.
4. Budgeting for Your Project: With the technical aspects out of the way, you can start to organize your budget for the renovation. If you are hiring a professional kitchen and bath remodeling contractors and doing a full renovation, your budget will obviously be much higher. You should also be setting aside an emergency fund in the case that something should happen during the process if this is what you are planning to do. You are dealing with much more in a bathroom renovation as opposed to a bedroom or living room because plumbing gets thrown into the mix.
5. Budget Your Time: One more important thing to do when planning a bathroom renovation is to set a timeframe for the actual process. Whether it will be a long or short process, be sure to allow for some flexibility. By allowing for flexibility, you will be prepared in case there is unexpected structural or plumbing problems, delivery or manufacturing delays or other outside issues.
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does WAZLAM claim ownership or responsibility for such items, and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.