Serafina. Bathroom Storage. December 05th , 2017.
Before you rush to buy new luxury bathroom furniture cabinets, consider repainting your old cabinets in the bathroom to give them a new and fresh look. Knowing how to do the painting yourself is as important as choosing the right type of painting. If you want a strong classic look, then you should go with bold colors.
After you have obtained the paints, you need to learn how to do the painting job itself. Getting it right will give you magnificent results while the opposite is also true. There are five basic steps in painting your bathroom cabinets and these are:
1. Preparing the area. Preparation is a key reason for any painting job. Begin by removing all the items from the drawers and cabinets. Then spread a piece of cloth below the cabinets on the floor to prevent it from getting any paint. Use a painter tape to cover areas you do not want the paint to get to such as countertops. Do not apply a lot of pressure on the tape since it is only temporary.
2. Removing fixtures. Using a screwdriver, remove the hinges and doors from the cabinet. Remove also the drawer fronts but if they are complicated and difficult to remove, leave them. During this painting project, you might consider changing the knobs and hinges to match the newly painted cabinets. This will complete the new, fresh look that you want to give your cabinets.
3. Cleaning and sanding. Use a mild cleaning solution to clean the bases of the cabinets, drawers and then wipe them with just clean water. If there are any nicks and dings, use a putty and putty knife to repair them. Then few sand the outer part of the cabinets, drawers, and doors using medium sandpaper. Wipe the dust off with a damp cloth.
4. First coat painting. Begin painting the cabinets using a brush, roller or sprayer. If you opt to use a brush, paint with long, even and smooth motions to prevent the brushstrokes from becoming visible. The best tool to use would with a sprayer since it is easy and quick. After painting everything, allow them to dry completely.
5. Second coat painting. The first coat is not enough to make your cabinets look magnificent. That is why there is always a second coat in painting. After the first paint has dried, begin painting another layer, which is the last one. Allow it to dry then put it back together.
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does WAZLAM claim ownership or responsibility for such items, and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.